Swelling of the face
Edema of any etiology indicate excessive accumulation of fluid in the intercellular spaces and internal organs of the human body and there are general and local. Face edema belongs to the category of local and becomes noticeable when the body has accumulated about three liters of excess fluid.
A similar phenomenon may be a consequence of disruption of one or more organs.
Why face swells?
Reasons facial edema can be linked:
- With heart disease. When malfunctions of the heart muscle edema is the following picture: the patient’s face becomes edematous and flabby, thick with the feeling, the skin with virtually no shifting. This occurs in the late afternoon, and may be accompanied by shortness of breath. Swelling of cardiac etiology are always accompanied by an increase in the liver.
- With poor kidney function. This reason is the most common explanation for why swells the face after sleeping. Kidney swelling detected in the morning and are located mainly in the lower eyelids. The face and eyelids are soft, watery, swelling they can easily move from one area to another. If you have problems with the kidneys, there may be peripheral edema legs, chest and abdomen, and high blood pressure.
- Insomnia and stress. Swelling of the face and eyes in the morning may develop as a result of a sleepless night, the reception of alcoholic beverages before bedtime, and strong fatigue.
- With an allergic reaction to a number of food products, household chemicals, pollen, insect bites, certain antibiotics and drugs. Angioedema is often accompanied by a rash, itching and difficulty breathing. In severe cases, the patient may lose consciousness.
- With disease (thrombosis) superior vena cava, which is manifested in the shortness of the outflow of blood from the head. The person then becomes bluish.
- With long exposure to the sun. Swelling of the face from the sun is localized on the forehead, around the eyes and eyelids.
- Inflammatory processes that occur in tonsils, mouth and nose, and in the teeth, leading to stagnation of the lymph fluid in the lymph nodes located in the lower jaw. As a result, they may develop both bilateral and unilateral edema of the right or left side.
- With osteochondrosis. Swelling of the face can cause osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. The patient has swollen upper eyelids and cheeks, deteriorating hearing and vision, there is a feeling that the head is filled with liquid.
- With surgery: facial swelling after the surgery is inevitable and finally pass a few weeks.
- If the problem occurs on a regular basis – it is imperative to undergo a series of diagnostic tests, and to establish the exact cause of this phenomenon. In the case of diagnosis of the patient must start treating the disease, provoking edema.
Removing swelling from the face
- If swelling is a frequent cause of unhealthy diet and unhealthy lifestyle, as soon as possible to adjust your diet and review the mode of the day. To do this:
- Eat right, drink plenty of clean water and sleep at least eight hours.
- To minimize the use of salt or salt-free for some time to comply with the diet.
- Eliminate from your diet foods that promote the retention of fluid within the body: do not eat canned, smoked and fried foods.
- Eat as many fruits and vegetables, contributing to the removal of excess fluid: carrots, apples, watermelons, citrus.
- To refuse a late dinner.
- Regularly taking decoctions and infusions, has a diuretic effect (knotweed, cranberry leaves, birch kidneys).
- Filming swelling with special masks.
- Apply contrast baths (alternating superimposition on the face of it hot, then cold gauze). Each appliqué should withstand for 5 minutes.
Wipe swelling face with ice cubes made from a decoction of herbs (St. John’s wort, chamomile, mint, lime, sage). It is best to perform massage in the morning: it perfectly tones the skin and helps to eliminate as a general puffiness and bags under the eyes.
Allergic edema provoked by allergic rhinitis, can be easily removed by rinsing the sinuses warm solution of sea salt (teaspoon of salt per 200 ml of water).