What is erosive gastritis?
Erosive gastritis – a type of inflammation of the gastric mucosa of acute and chronic origin, distinguishing feature of which is the formation of small defects (erosions) on its surface.
This means that the erosive gastritis:
- It differs from simple gastritis eroded by the presence of multiple areas of the mucous membrane on the background of its hyperemia (redness) and inflammation. Sometimes they can be distributed over the entire surface of the stomach;
- It may appear as acute, if it enters the stomach cavity of the poor quality of food and toxic compounds as well as wearing a chronic course in violation of the normal secretory-motor mechanisms of the digestive system;
- It may be caused by H. pylori infection;
- Inclined to prolonged duration;
- Treated longer and more difficult than with other types of gastritis;
May cause gastric bleeding of any severity. This feature can be a real problem if bleeding occurs simultaneously throughout the eroded surface of the stomach.
Pathogenetic mechanisms of erosive gastritis may be:
- At an acute erosive gastritis mucosal damage occurs as a result of its direct contact with aggressive media (poor quality food, acids, alkalis, chemicals, medicines, etc.). Thus there is a kind of burn that is accompanied by inflammation in his wound;
- The basis of chronic erosive gastritis are disturbed secretory processes. They can be connected as a violation of the nature of power and the internal failures of the body. This gives rise to a violation of microcirculation processes, blood circulation in the stomach and increased allocation of aggressive components of gastric juice. Naturally, ischemic mucosa is not able to withstand them, leading to its inflammation and ulceration of the further formation of erosions.
The symptoms of erosive gastritis:
- Suspect is erosive gastritis only form of clinical signs and complaints of patients is extremely difficult. Exceptions are those cases when there is background confirmed gastritis gastric bleeding. In such situations, the fact of the formation of erosion becomes evident. All other symptoms are typical for any kind of gastritis and can only indirectly indicates its erosive form of expression and its strong resistance.
The symptoms of erosive gastritis include:
- The pain in the projection of the stomach (epigastric section of upper abdomen). When erosive gastritis it can be intense, but the prevalence of the process for its relief may be required even the introduction of strong analgesics;
- Heartburn. The most characteristic of chronic erosive gastritis with impaired gastric motility and reflux of acidic gastric contents into the lower esophagus;
- Diarrhoeal disorders as a counter weight in the stomach, acid regurgitation and rotten, dryness and bitterness in the mouth, disorders of the chair;
- Amplification or the occurrence of pain after ingestion of food or fasting gastric cavity when there is only a gastric juice irritant on nociceptors bottom erosions.
- Any suspicion of erosive gastritis must be confirmed or refuted by other research methods. For these purposes the visual assessment of the gastric mucosa at fibrogastroduodenoscopy. This method allows you to reliably assess the degree of structural change caused by an inflammatory process to determine its prevalence, and if necessary to do a biopsy. In doing this, the fence fragment mucosal erosion to the edge of its microscopic examination.
To evaluate the secretory activity of the stomach and acidity during endoscopy produce the relevant studies and measurements. When giperatsidnyh erosive gastritis with high acidity, a test on Helicobacter pylori infection, which affects the amount of therapeutic measures.